Retrieval and Metal Testing Magnet. Contains The Most Powerful Grade of Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet (N52)
The magnet insert is rated at 10 lbs (as with all magnets, this rating depends on the magnet mating to a smooth, flat, unpainted steel surface) this rating is only intended as a reference, and does not indicate lifting capacity.
- Identify and sort steel grades and metal alloys that contain iron, nickel, or cobalt.
- Identify/sort chrome plated items from polished aluminum, silver, and non-magnetic grades of stainless steel
- Identify/sort solid brass and bronze from plated steel items (handy in the antique market and hardware store)
- Identify/sort some types of costume (fake) jewelry, which often uses steel or nickel as the base material under the plating.
- Use as a very powerful magnetic pickup, not like those 1/2 pound jokes at the hardware store.
- Attach to your fishing line and cast away. You will find all sorts of sunken goodies. I am told that if you live in a big city, bridges are an excellent place to go "magnet fishing." If you want to retrieve really big items (like engine blocks), use this magnet as an underwater finder, when it latches on to something, you can drop a very large normal magnet and pull up as much as you or your boat winch will lift.
- Also handy for science experiments involving ferromagnetism
The aluminum casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking, and makes removing iron and steel shavings much easier. These are made in the USA.